National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) Representative/Receptionist
The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) is a private non-profit organization whose mission is to help people build resilient communities through local and sustainable solutions that reduce poverty, strengthen self-reliance, and protect natural resources. NCAT is seeking two people in our NEAR Representative/Receptionist position to work with people around the country to provide information on Energy Assistance Programs and work in reception to support NCAT offices around the United States. NCAT works to foster and promote sustainable technologies and systems, especially for the benefit of economically disadvantaged individuals and communities. NCAT’s work includes nationally recognized projects in food, agriculture, and energy.
We are looking to hire two staff members, one full time (40 hours/week) and one part-time (30 hours/week) The NEAR Referral Representative/Receptionist positions will be based at NCAT’s headquarters in Butte, Montana. The position will be working part of the time on the LIHEAP Clearinghouse’s National Energy Assistance Referral (NEAR) hotline and database helping people who want information on where to apply for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which may pay a portion of the energy bills of eligible low-income persons. The positions will also work part of the time in Reception. NCAT’s admin team works together to provide reception services for all NCAT offices.
· Education and/or experience in an office, call center, or customer service setting;
· Experience using computers, including Microsoft Office software;
· Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Commitment and passion for the NCAT mission;
· Strong interest in helping people;
· The ability to actively listen to and understand information, giving full attention to what people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey information clearly and effectively;
· The ability to work well with others as well as independently, and on a team;
· Knowledge of computers, database lookup, email, Microsoft Word;
· Capacity to prioritize work assignments, multi-task, and disseminate information;
· Ability to use multi-line phone system, copier, and other general office equipment;
· Answer telephones to direct calls or provide information;
· Provide information and referrals for resources on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), via phone and email;
· Use computers to create, edit and format documents, correspondence, and spreadsheets, data entry to record information on NEAR referrals, as well as obtain information from relevant sources;
· Greet customers, patrons, or visitor, respond to requests;
· Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as photocopy and scan documents, sort and distribute mail, maintain information files, and process paperwork;
· Communicate with Supervisors and co-workers to provide information by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person;
· Maintain information of a confidential nature.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $11.45-12.00 hourly depending on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include flexible schedule, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, a cafeteria and 401(k) plan, and a pleasant, professional office environment.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate can be identified. Early applications are encouraged. Applicants are encouraged to visit www.ncat.org and www.attra.ncat.org to learn more about NCAT. All persons interested in being considered for the position must visit https://ncat.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=9 and start the application process. Part of the process is uploading a current resume, and a cover letter highlighting experience and skills relevant to the listed qualifications, as well as completing NCAT's online application. NCAT Applications can be accessed at https://www.ncat.org/jobs/ Incomplete applications or references on the application to “see resume” will not be considered. Applications and more information about NCAT can be accessed by visiting our website at www.ncat.org. You may find an employment application under the Jobs tab. Question about the application process can be directed to:
Kriss Sullivan, Director of Human Resources
NCAT’s mission is to help people build resilient communities through local and sustainable solutions that reduce poverty, strengthen self-reliance, and protect natural resources. Our work brings together diverse partnerships and communities to help reduce poverty and protect our natural resources. We strive to be a multicultural organization that embraces the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical ability, religious or political belief, and marital or veteran status. Diversity creates healthy communities. Special consideration will be given to applicants who are reflective of the communities that we serve. NCAT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information about NCAT please visit our website at www.ncat.org.
Your application was submitted successfully.